Research Associate, Cell Differentiation
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
We seek a highly motivated stem cell and/or hematopoietic development biologist, to support the development of iPSC-based therapies. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of pluripotent stem cells, and/or experience with hematopoietic differentiation. The individual will be working closely with a passionate group of scientists on the Research team. In this role, the individual will be expected to support our efforts to develop T cells from engineered pluripotent stems cells by managing internal cell lines, maintaining cell differentiations, and characterizing target cells. The successful hire will have the opportunity to significantly impact patients’ lives through the direct contributions in advancing Clade’s cell therapy programs. This position is ideal for an enthusiastic team player, who will be working in a collaborative environment to bring the next-generation of life-saving cellular medicines to patients in need.
- Culture and expand existing pluripotent stem cell lines, and characterize edited clones.
- Prepare iPSC to initiate differentiations.
- Routinely run immune cell differentiations using Clade’s established protocols.
- Execute in vitro molecular and cellular assays (Flow cytometry, qPCR, etc.) to characterize the phenotype and function of cells generated throughout the cell differentiation runs.
- Be a good lab citizen by sharing in lab responsibilities to maintain a well-functioning lab.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to support documentation.
- B.S. in Biology, Immunology, or related field with 1-5 years of related lab/research experience.
- Experience with pluripotent stem cell or hematopoietic stem cell culture required.
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus.
- An eagerness to make an impact through hard work and team-oriented mentality.
- Passionate, self-motivated, and determined to do great science.
- Working knowledge of various software (e.g. FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, etc.)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.