Research Associate/Sr. RA, Cell Engineering
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company, located in Kendall Square, was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
Clade seeks a highly motivated individual to join our growing Immunology team in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will have demonstrated bench experience in iPSC cell engineering and molecular biology. This individual will join a team of scientists to engineer and characterize novel immune cell therapies derived from induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC) for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Specific responsibilities will be to generate engineered cell lines and to characterize them by molecular, genomic, and proteomic means. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a world class team, bringing a new class of cellular therapies to patients.
This person must be self-motivated, collaborative, thrive in a fun / dynamic culture, and be steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge cellular therapies to improve patients’ lives.
- Develop and maintain novel engineered cell lines.
- Design and production of gene editing constructs, including plasmids, gRNAs, RNPs, lentiviruses and mRNAs.
- Execute assays for assessing on-target and off-target editing activity by ICE, flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR, digenome-seq, amp-seq, western blot, and others.
- Analyze data and effectively communicate results to peers and management.
- Document experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks (ELNs) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborate with team members internally and externally.
- Attend and actively contribute to the scientific discussion at laboratory team meetings.
- Effectively present data and other scientific information to colleagues.
- Contribute to Company’s IP filings resulting from research discoveries.
- Bachelor of Science degree in molecular biology, engineering or related discipline is required, MS degree highly desired.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in viral/non-viral gene delivery methods as well as molecular biology experience is required
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques including plasmid construction, cloning, and sequence analysis is desired.
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and cell line generation is required.
- Previous experience in iPSCs, cell therapy, gene therapy, and/or immunology is preferred.
- Highly organized and collaborative work style; ability to maintain detailed documentation in an electronic lab notebook.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with peers in a results-oriented research environment.
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.