Research Associate/Sr. RA, Molecular Biology
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company, located in Kendall Square, was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with deep expertise in molecular biology to support the development of iPSC-based cell therapies. The individual will have an opportunity to join a passionate group of scientists and shape the science and culture of the research group in a tangible way. The ideal candidate will be technically gifted at the design, generation and testing of novel gene constructs utilizing the latest in molecular biology and gene expression approaches. Experience with chimeric antigen receptor design, homologous recombination and gene editing will enable the successful candidate to contribute directly to the success of our therapeutic programs. This position is ideal for an individual who is entrepreneurial and eager to develop within a collaborative and supportive team of scientists and engineers.
- Design and generate novel constructs to enable highly effective cell therapies
- Carefully manage the synthesis and sequencing of gene constructs by external CROs
- Identify innovative synthetic approaches to enhance our cell therapies via genetic engineering
- Establish appropriate assays to test novel constructs including methods to test for expression, genomic integration, and functional outcomes
- Deliver novel constructs to cells to create novel cell lines and/or reporter cells
- Collaborate with colleagues to advance our internal programs
- Analyze and present experimental data to our internal team and collaborators.
- Proactively recognize and solve technical and scientific issues to assure high quality data.
- Manage lab reagent inventory for molecular biology and build out functionality as the lab grows.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to support documentation
- B.S., M.S. in Biology, Immunology, or related field with 2+ years post-degree research experience
- Must possess a deep understanding of molecular cloning techniques and construct design, including promoter choice, codon optimization, and viral vector backbones.
- Experience troubleshooting tough to synthesize/clone constructs via creative design approaches
- Robust knowledge of chimeric antigen receptor design principles is highly desired
- Experience designing homologous recombination “knock-in” vectors in combination with gene editing technologies is a plus
- Experience running assays to test gene expression such as qPCR, ddPCR, western blotting and/or flow cytometry
- Working knowledge of construct delivery to mammalian cells for testing of expression and function
- Passionate, self-motivated, and determined to do great science.
- Highly organized and scientifically rigorous with significant attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently.
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.