Research Associate/Sr. RA, Molecular Immunology
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company, located in Kendall Square, was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
Clade seeks a highly motivated individual to join our growing Immunology team in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will have demonstrated bench experience in immune cell biology. This individual will join a team of scientists to engineer and characterize novel immune cell therapies derived from induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC) for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. This position will be responsible for evaluating immune cell cloaking strategies by developing, executing, and analyzing data from a variety of immune cell functional assays and molecular assays. These assays include flow cytometry, cell cytotoxicity, qPCR, ELISA, ELISPOt, and western blots. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a world class team, bringing a new class of cellular therapies to patients.
This person must be self-motivated, collaborative, thrive in a fun / dynamic culture, and be steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge cellular therapies to improve patients’ lives.
- Work closely with scientists to perform experiments for proof of concept (PoC) studies both in vitro and ex vivo.
- Isolate and culture primary and engineered human immune cells and iPSCs.
- Characterize immune cells by multicolor flow cytometry and assess their functions using flow cytometry, as well as other cell-based and molecular assays.
- Test hypotheses by independently designing and executing experiments.
- Analyze data and effectively communicate results to peers and management.
- Document experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely and accurate manner
- Collaborate with team members internally and externally.
- Attend and actively participate to the scientific discussion at laboratory team meetings.
- Contribute to Company IP filings resulting from research discoveries.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Immunology or related discipline is required, MS degree highly desired.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a discovery research lab setting is required.
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture such as primary immune cells is required.
- Proficient skills with multi-color flow cytometry and ELISA are required.
- Experience with cell-based functional assays, including cell proliferation, cytokine and cytotoxicity assays is desired.
- Experience with iPSC culture is desired.
- Experience with iPSC differentiation into immune cell lineage desired.
- Highly organized and collaborative work style; ability to maintain detailed documentation in an electronic lab notebook.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with peers in a results-oriented research environment.
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.