Research Associate / Sr. RA / Principal RA, Cell Differentiation
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company, located in Kendall Square, was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
We seek an outstanding stem cell and/or hematopoietic development biologists, highly motivated to run and optimize Clade’s hematopoietic cell differentiation protocols. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of pluripotent stem cells, hematopoietic differentiation, and T or NK cell biology. The individual will be working closely with Scientists and other colleagues on the Research team. In this role, the person will be expected to plan, execute, and analyze experiments focused on the characterization of genetically engineered iPSC lines in Clade’s established immune cell differentiation protocols. Research Associates at Clade are encouraged to formulate their own presentations and present data they generate to internal teams and when appropriate to external stakeholders. The successful hire will have the opportunity to significantly impact patients’ lives through the direct contributions in advancing Clade’s cell therapy programs.
The candidate should have a proven track record of scientific accomplishment and experience working in a team-oriented environment. This person will be instrumental in contributing to our company’s scientific culture, which emphasizes the importance of “how” each person contributes to the team’s scientific success as much as the accomplishments themselves. The individual will collaborate with the existing scientific team in a fun, high-paced environment to bring the next-generation of life-saving cellular medicines to patients in need.
- Culture and expand existing pluripotent stem cell lines and prepare them for differentiations.
- Routinely run immune cell differentiations using Clade’s established protocols.
- Plan and execute experiments aimed at optimizing Clade’s differentiation protocols.
- Execute in vitro molecular and cellular assays (Flow cytometry, qPCR, Luminex, etc.) to characterize the phenotype and function of cells generated throughout the cell differentiation runs.
- Rapidly analyze complex data sets and present the results in team meetings.
- Proactively recognize and solve technical and scientific issues to assure high quality data.
- Be a good lab citizen by sharing in lab responsibilities to maintain a well-functioning lab.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to support documentation.
- S., M.S. in Biology, Immunology, or related field with 2+ years post-degree research experience.
- Demonstrated experience in differentiation of pluripotent stem cells to blood cells, with a preference for T cells.
- Ability to run and analyze complex flow cytometry panels on immune cells (HSC, T cells, NK cells, etc.).
- Strong understanding of cell, molecular, and immunological assays to assess the phenotype and function of T-cells such as qPCR, cytokine analysis, cell cytotoxicity, etc.
- Experience with pluripotent stem cell or hematopoietic stem cell culture required.
- Experience with gene editing technologies desired.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with a sense of urgency, determination, and creativity.
- Highly organized and scientifically rigorous with significant attention to detail.
- An eagerness to make an impact through hard work and team-oriented mentality.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.