Research Associate/Sr. RA, T Cell Biology
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company, located in Kendall Square, was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative team member with deep expertise in T cell immunology to support the development of iPSC-based cell therapies. The individual will have an opportunity to join a passionate group of scientists and shape the science and culture of Clade’s growing research group in a tangible way. The ideal candidate will be technically gifted at planning and executing a suite of immunological assays to phenotype engineered T cells. The individual will be responsible for supporting our efforts to develop T cells from engineered pluripotent stems cells by characterizing the T cells that are generated by Clade’s differentiation process. The person will utilize their extensive knowledge of immunology to further optimize the production of highly effective “off the shelf” T cells, which have the potential to save patients’ lives. This position is ideal for an individual who is entrepreneurial and eager to develop within a collaborative and supportive team of scientists and engineers.
- Perform in vitro immunological assays such as flow cytometry, ELISA/MSD, real time PCR and cytotoxicity analysis
- Design and execute assays to phenotype T cells following antigen specific T cell activation (CAR:peptide, eTCR:MHC/tetramers, cytokine conditions, etc.)
- Engineer, expand and maintain primary immune cells and cell lines
- Collaborate with colleagues to advance our internal programs
- Analyze and present experimental data to our internal team and collaborators.
- Proactively recognize and solve technical and scientific issues to assure high quality data.
- Be a good lab citizen by sharing in lab responsibilities to maintain a well-functioning lab
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to support documentation
- B.S., M.S. in Biology, Immunology, or related field with 2+ years post-degree research experience
- Experience with primary T cell cultures, including activation and Th1/Th2 differentiation highly desired
- Robust knowledge of CAR and/or engineered T cell signaling is a plus
- Experience with standard immunological assays (flow cytometry, MSD/Luminex)
- Competency in basic molecular biology techniques, including cell line engineering
- Experience with gene editing tools is a plus
- Working knowledge of various software (e.g. FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, FACSDiva, Geneious)
- Passionate, self-motivated, and determined to do great science.
- Highly organized and scientifically rigorous with significant attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently.
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.