Scientist I / II, T Cell Differentiation
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company, located in Kendall Square, was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
We seek an outstanding and highly motivated stem cell scientist with a robust understanding of T cell biology to validate and optimize Clade’s T cell differentiation protocols. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of pluripotent stem cells, hematopoietic differentiation, and T cell biology. The scientist will be expected to establish scientific and technical leadership in the lab with a particular focus on developing robust differentiation protocols that enable the development of an iPSC-derived T cell therapy. The candidate should have a proven track record of scientific accomplishment and leadership. This person will be key early member of our growing team and will have an opportunity to further establish outstanding scientific culture. As the company grows, the individual will have ample opportunity to play key roles in the development of our T cell programs. The individual will collaborate with other scientific leaders who have a patient-focused determination to developing a new wave of cell therapies.
- Plan and execute the optimization of Clade’s stem cell-based T-cell differentiation protocols.
- Generate T cells from a variety of iPSC lines using established protocols and work collaboratively with other team members to characterize these cells in appropriate assays
- Discover innovative approaches to generate key T cell subsets and fully unlock Clade’s iPSC hypoimmune platform
- Rapidly analyze complex data sets and communicate scientific findings to key stakeholders.
- Proactively recognize and solve technical and scientific issues to assure high quality data from internal and external resources.
- Manage and develop an effective team of scientists
- PhD in Biology or related field with 3+ years of postgraduate or industry experience; prior industry experience highly desired.
- Deep knowledge of T cell biology.
- Vast experience in differentiation of pluripotent stem cells to blood cells, with a preference for T cells.
- Strong understanding of cell, molecular, and immunological assays to assess the phenotype and function of T-cells.
- Experience with pluripotent stem cells culture essential.
- Experience with gene editing technologies is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with a sense of urgency, determination and creativity
- Highly organized and scientifically rigorous with significant attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build, train, develop and mentor junior lab members highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently.
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.