Scientist II, Computational Biology
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
This individual will support the Genomics Platform function within the Computational Biology team, where they will have a key role building pipelines to process and analyze NGS data, which include studies of off-target editing profiles for Cas-based editors and single cell transcriptomic profiling of complex differentiating samples. Experience building and maintaining software pipelines for NGS workflows is required, as is a strong foundation in computational approaches to solving complex biological problems.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and cultivate relationships with internal and external collaborators to characterize engineered cell therapies for the next class of cell therapies. As the Company grows, there will be ample opportunity to have an increased strategic leadership role.
- Construct and maintain software pipelines to organize, process, and analyze NGS experiments, including amplicon-seq and single cell RNA-seq
- Prioritization and review of multiple projects with shifting timelines
- Collaborate as analyst on select NGS projects with wet lab scientific teams
- Demonstrate and promote scientific strategic thinking
- Effectively communicate results in cross-functional meetings
- Collaborate, and contribute as needed, with the Company’s efforts to secure IP resulting from research discoveries
- 3+ years experience with PhD in Computational Biology or relevant quantitative discipline (6+ years experience with MS)
- Extensive understanding of the operation, management, and maintenance of Illumina NGS pipelines
- Deep expertise in building and automating NGS workflows and analyses, including single cell RNA-seq
- Experience collaborating with experimental teams to support experimental design and analyses
- Experience building and maintaining an organized data environment in a cloud computing environment
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a cross-functional team in a results-oriented research environment
- Strong communication skills, ability to derive and communicate learnings from large, complex datasets
- Preferred skills: Experience with R/python/similar, AWS, Illumina sequencing, iPS cells, T cell immunology, oncology, genome editing (CRISPR/Cas9), high-throughput screening methods; familiarity with IND-enabling studies and documentation standards
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.