Specialist, Analytical Development
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
The Analytical Method Development Specialist will interface with members of the R&D team to support screening and analyzing iPSCs and iPSC-derived cell therapies including T-cells, B cells, NK cells and other immune cells. This position requires experience in flow cytometry and the ability to analyze and troubleshoot data when necessary. This person will also aid in the generation of data and support high-throughput analytical methods to support media and bioreactor optimization studies performed by the Process Development group. There is opportunity for this individual to also interface with internal Quality Control and external CROs /CDMOs to support analytical method tech transfer, qualification/validation and OOS and assay related investigations while gaining valuable experience and insight into how a drug is taken from the bench to clinic. This position is lab-based and requires 80% lab work and 20% sample/data management and will report to the Senior Analytical Development Flow subject matter expert. This position provides an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for flow cytometry to develop skills such as panel design, data analysis and flow instrumentation management.
- Perform validated test methods in support of Cell Therapy Process Development and R&D activities through weekly flow cytometry phenotyping
- Coordinate sample characterization (sample tracking, inventory, and testing) and data management/data integrity initiatives
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and trend assay performance
- Write technical reports, project progress reports, analytical development protocols and reports.
- Maintain excellent written documentation (e.g. lab notebook and test forms)
- Assist with lab organization and compliance with lab safety protocols
- BS in biological sciences, engineering sciences or other relevant discipline with 1-3 years of relevant industry experience required
- Experience in flow cytometry is required, experience in analysis of iPSC or CAR-T Drug Products is a plus
- Experience in optimization of analytical methods and statistical analysis of data including the use of Design of Experiment (DoE) is highly desirable
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.