Sr Scientist / Sci II – B Cell Biology/Differentiation
About Clade Therapeutics
Clade Therapeutics is a well-funded, early-stage cell therapy company developing novel cell-based medicines for the treatment of cancer and other devastating diseases. The company, located in Kendall Square, was recently founded by an exceptional group of academic leaders and successful bioentrepreneurs. The Company works at the convergence of stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative medicine, and gene editing to create the next-generation of stem cell-derived medicines.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients.
We seek an outstanding scientist with expertise in B cell development who is highly motivated to establish a platform for B cell differentiation. Reporting to the Head of Disease Biology, the ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of B cell biology, lymphopoiesis, and assay development for the assessment of B cell function. This scientist will be expected to effectively collaborate with Clade’s differentiation colleagues to optimize B cell differentiation protocols. The ideal candidate will bring B cell expertise in order to develop assays to perform phenotypic analysis of cells derived from iPSCs vs PBMC-derived B cells. The individual will be excited about working at the bench to set up the infrastructure and initial data sets to build a B cell platform. If successful, this person will have an opportunity to take on leadership of the program as it matures.
The candidate should have a proven track record of scientific accomplishment and leadership in the B cell field. This person will be instrumental in building our company’s scientific culture and will have ample opportunity to play a leadership role as the company grows. The individual will collaborate with other scientific leaders, all of whom are committed to developing the next-generation of life-changing cellular medicines.
- Plan and execute the optimization of Clade’s stem cell-based B-cell differentiation protocols.
- Develop molecular and cellular assays to characterize cells generated during the differentiation process.
- Generate preclinical data to advance the development of an iPSC-derived B cell platform.
- Rapidly analyze complex data sets and communicate scientific findings to key stakeholders.
- Proactively recognize and solve technical and scientific issues to ensure high quality data from internal and external resources.
- Act as a B cell expert and foster relationships with KOLs and potential collaborators.
- PhD in Immunology or related field with 3+ years of postgraduate or industry experience; prior industry experience highly desired.
- Deep knowledge of B cell biology and hematopoiesis.
- Vast experience in culturing and phenotyping primary B cells; Differentiation of pluripotent stem cells or CD34+ HSCs to B cells (or their precursors) is ideal.
- Strong understanding of cell, molecular, and immunological assays to characterize the phenotype and function of B cells in vitro and/or in animal models.
- Experience with gene engineering technologies such as CRISPR or lentivirus.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, with a sense of urgency, determined and creative.
- Highly organized and scientifically rigorous with significant attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build, train, develop and mentor junior lab members.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently.
- Patients First – Proactively and constructively engage to deliver results for those in need. “Begin with patient’s success in mind”
- Communication and Respect – Foster open exchange with colleagues and collaborators. Seek to understand and treat people with courtesy. “Better together”
- Integrity & Excellence – Act honestly and ethically to seek the truth. Courageously doing the right thing – take smart risks and make tough decisions in pursuit of exceptional outcomes. “Get it done right”
Clade Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.